Yeezus I haven’t updated this website in months and months, but I can promise you that I’m still alive. Here’s what I’ve been up to in the interim, besides, y’know, going to school and traveling over the summer and working and the usual expected stuff:
- I got four more tattoos, which brings my total up to six. They’re all black line work—it’s my favourite style.
- I won a writing award at my uni, and then the piece I won it for was published in Glass Buffalo, the school’s literary magazine.
- I published a cultural commentary piece (my first big cultural commentary feature!) on BuzzFeed News about asexuality/the lack of it in Riverdale~ it actually went viral for a few hours with the badge and everything, which was super cool!
- I did a Money Diary for Man Repeller, which was fun!
- I was hired as the Arts & Culture Editor at The Gateway, my university’s campus-wide media source!
- I published a longform feature about oysters with The Gateway that was included in the November print edition, which I’m really proud of (๑･̑◡･̑๑)
- I’ve been doing radio work with The Gateway for a while, but literally today the first episode of a little mini-series I’m creating was launched! It’s called Watch This Space, and it’s a project I’ve always wanted to see transpire. Credit for the dope-ass header image you can see above goes to Alex Patterson, The Gateway’s incredibly talented Art Director.
- One of my essays is slated to be published in a major college writing textbook soon! Get ur analysis skills ready.
- And last but not least by a long shot, I’ll be in the upcoming Rookie On Love book that’s coming out January 2, 2018! I was asked to write one of the essays in the anthology and I’m so excited to see it in book form.
Eff yeah, it’s been a time. Lots have happened since May—and it makes me wonder what other developments are in store in the future. The end of the fall semester is coming up; in the winter semester I’ll be starting my first co-op term as a consultant intern at an accounting, tax, and consulting firm downtown, which I’m super psyched for.
Okay, that’s all for now. It’s, like, 12:12 AM and I should sleep because I’ve been running myself into the ground lately. Curse you, school. But also, like, not, because school’s most of my life and I’d prefer to continue convincing myself that I am fine and this is all fine and I am that little hat-wearing dog in the flaming comic. Also, I mainly updated this blog for my friend Morgan, who is probably my most dedicated reader. Hi, Morgan! I will publish again here some time in the indeterminate and infinite future. Here’s a song to listen to as a token of my appreciation: